ACJM involves providing chaplaincy to men, women and youth incarcerated in prisons and youth justice detention centres across Victoria, as well as pastoral support to adults released from prisons through the program “Get Out for Good”.
Anglicare Victoria and the five dioceses of the Anglican Church in Victoria work together to form a chaplaincy team to minister to the spiritual needs of prisoners throughout Victoria. As an allied goal, we seek to provide Christians with opportunities to be involved in this ministry at both an individual and parish level. ACJM also works closely with chaplains from other denominations and faith groups.
Get Out For Good
The “Get out for Good” program, helps people who have been released from prison to find a safe space where they can talk about what they are going through and be listened to as well. The program provides comfort from the fear and isolation that often accompanies people making the adjustment from prison to the “outside”.
- 7807 hours of chaplaincy provided in 16 adult prison locations each year
- 1071 hours of chaplaincy provided in youth detention each year
There are many ways in which you can provide support to our restorative justice programs.
- Our notice sheet and sermon for Anglicare Victoria Justice Sunday can be found here.
- Learn more about who we are from this PowerPoint presentation.
- If you are interested in volunteering please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation, click here and write ACJM in the ‘Leave a Comment’ Field.
- People may also contribute through prayer support. Prayer sheets are available to download here.
“An Inside Job – True Confessions of a Prison Chaplain -Shaken Not Stirred.” Read about what it was like for this prison chaplain to care for the incarcerated, as well as the challenges and issues that confronted me on a professional and personal level.” You can purchase John Waddell’s book here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/914086