Youth Volunteer / StepOut Lead Tenant Program
- Applications close:
- 30 March 2018
- Full description:
We are seeking volunteers to take on a live-in mentor role with young people exiting the child protection system.
- opportunity to work in a supportive enthusiastic team making a difference in the lives of young people
- ongoing training, support and guidance
- located in Melbourne’s North / North West
The Position: The Lead Tenant’s role is to live at the selected property with another Lead Tenant and two young people and establish positive and meaningful relationships. Lead Tenants are required to act as positive role models and to provide informal support to the young people within the household. Lead Tenants are not required to pay rent or utilities (excluding telephone)
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need
Lead Tenants are assessed on the following 5 key competencies:
- Ensure a safe environment that is free from abuse
- Demonstrate a personal readiness and capacity to become a Lead Tenant
- Good understanding or willingness to learn about adolescent development and trauma
- Promote the positive development and independent living skills of young people in Lead Tenant accommodation
- Ability to work as part of a team
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply
Please apply in writing addressing the key selection criteria and nominating three professional referees.
To obtain an application form, please email Renae.Whittaker@anglicarevic.org.au
For further enquiries contact Renae Whittaker, 8470 9999.
Applications close 30/03/2018.