You can help every child have a Merry Christmas this year
Anglicare Victoria’s Christmas Toy Appeal 2023 has begun, and we hope to make Christmas a magical one, for every child in our care, from toddlers to teens.
Donations to our Toy Appeal help to soften the impact of isolation that our children and young people in Out of Home Care will feel. Every dollar raised and gift received will go towards foster carers and the kids in their care, all the young people in our family services programs, and vulnerable families reaching out, through our emergency relief programs.
How you can help
- Donating cash gifts online, or gift cards, which help us buy toys for kids who are often missed out with toy collections (older teenagers particularly).
- A personalised donation page can be set up with your company, school, or community group logo and branding to be shared with your local networks.
- Run your own Toy Drive! Collect toys on our behalf at your place of work, school, parish or community group – set-up a donation box or place toys under a Christmas tree. Brand new toys, unwrapped only. Please note, we currently have a surplus of teddy bears!
- Create Wish Boxes – a box filled with smaller gifts for a specific age and gender (including gender-neutral gifts) – all boxes must be labelled with age and gender and unwrapped.
- Volunteer! Arrange a group to help us with sorting and packing, and picking up and delivering of toys! Conditions apply. Anglicare Victoria can collect on your chosen date, or we ask for generosity of your time as well as gifts and arrange delivery to our office in Collingwood.
Contact Penny Mitchell to let us know if you, your workplace, your school or your community group would like to take part. Penny will email you suggested gift and food items most in need.
We thank you for your continued support through the holiday season. Even a small donation goes a long way.