Become his respite foster carer
- Make a difference one to two weekends per month
- Eastern Region location
- Generous tax-free reimbursement of $200 per weekend of respite
Aiden is 14. He is an affectionate and likeable teenager. Like boys of his age, he loves pets and outdoorsy pursuits. He’s into his sport too. He thinks basketball and rollerblading is cool. And he always makes a beeline for a trampoline.
How Can You Help?
Aiden needs a respite foster carer who can provide him with a safe and nurturing home one to two weekends per month. His respite foster family will be part of an important team helping to support his full-time foster carer. Aiden needs to feel part of a family that can provide boundaries, guide and support him. His ideal foster family needs to have plenty of energy and take an active interest in doing activities with him that he enjoys.
What Kind of Difference Could You Make?
Aiden’s life has been overwhelmed by instability and trauma. He needs a kind and patient respite foster carer who will put in place appropriate boundaries but who will also help accept him and make him feel secure and wanted. By providing weekend respite you will help give his full-time foster carer a much needed break. Aiden would also benefit from having stability with another family who can guide and support him and make him feel part of a family.
What Supports Will You Receive?
- Personalised around-the-clock support
- Extensive training and skills development
- Tax-free reimbursement: approx. $200 per weekend of respite
We are Victoria’s largest provider of foster care. Our aim is to provide a safe, supportive home for children and young people up to 18 years, who are unable to live with their family. As a respite foster carer within our Eastern Foster Care Program, it’s our job to support you to care for Aiden.
Key Selection Criteria
- Energy, enthusiasm and patience
- A can do attitude and a passion to make a difference
- Ability to provide an appropriate home for a young person
- An interest in supporting young people and their challenges
- Able to work well in a team, and as a family member
- Able to communicate well with others
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- It’s not essential. But if you’ve worked, cared for or supported children and youth in the past, please advise us. This will be highly regarded.
- Aiden does not have a disability. But a background in disability, health, personal care, education or community services will be an advantage.
- Aiden thrives on-one-on attention. Therefore it’s preferable that you have no children living at home.
- Aiden has an Aboriginal background and if you’re willing to help explore his cultural identity, this would benefit him. His birth parents are not present in his life.
Call Dianne Krygger: 1300 889 335 or email: email@example.com
Check out this page for more information about foster care.
*We respect our client’s privacy, therefore the name and photo have been changed.