Elaine (an awesome member of the Anglicare Victoria team) is taking part in this weekend’s Run Melbourne for the first time, so we asked her a couple of questions about why and any tips she has just in case you’re considering participating:
- What made you decide to sign up this year to Run Melbourne?
To be honest, I chickened out of doing the abseil as I am a bit afraid of heights. I decided to run instead as I run a fair bit anyway, plus raising money for Anglicare Victoria, and the work we do to make brighter futures and better tomorrows, is always a bonus.
- Have you participated before?
No, I have done several runs before but never ‘Run Melbourne’.
- Which race will you be running? (How many km’s?)
- Do you have any fundraising tips?
Torture your friends & family.
- Can you tell us about your team?
Don’t mention team as the girls have done no fundraising yet. I will be going solo I think.
If you’re keen to help Elaine with her fundraising efforts, jump on her page and show her some love.