For many people, Christmas is a time of joy, relaxation and time celebrating with friends and family.
However, for the thousands of families and individuals who rely on help from Anglicare Victoria, Christmas is a time of struggle and hardship.
It’s a time where there are no new toys to unwrap and no food to enjoy.
This is where Anglicare Victoria’s Toy and Food Appeal steps in and where YOU can make a real difference.
We’re calling all parishes, schools, businesses and community groups to collect and donate new toys and non-perishable food so disadvantaged children and vulnerable families in Anglicare Victoria’s care, who would otherwise go without receive joy this Christmas.
By donating to Anglicare Victoria’s Toy and Food Appeal you can ensure that every child in our care receives a gift this Christmas. As the state’s largest provider of out-of-home care services for disadvantaged Victorians, we ensure that children and young people can access safe environments.
There are three ways to help Anglicare Victoria’s Toy and Food Appeal:
1. Ask your organisation to take part:
- Contact us to let us know your organisation would like to take part by phoning 1800 809 722 or emailing email@example.com to organise a collection time.
- We will post out Toy and Food Appeal posters and brochures, which include gift and food ideas.
- Allocate a space in your organisation for donations to be left – either in a box, under a Christmas tree, or at your reception.
- We will then collect on your chosen date and distribute gifts to children in our care and food to families who seek emergency relief.
Please note: All gifts are to be brand new and unwrapped. Food items are to be non-perishable. Please don’t forget to consider gifts for teenagers.
2. Donate via Simply Giving:
3. Volunteer in our toy warehouse:
If your organisation would like to volunteer in our toy warehouse, please email us to enquire.