Protecting young people, preventing harm and supporting our clients are essential functions for AV. This will never change, and we are always here to support you when you need it.
Vulnerable young people, families and individuals are more in need of help than ever during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Anglicare Victoria delivers services that keep communities safe and together across the state, and we have embraced new ways of working to minimise health risks to our staff, clients and carers.
During this difficult time, our teams are:
• Responding to requests from families dealing with unprecedented challenges, from family violence to family support.
• Providing advice and emotional support to those in financial difficulty through our social workers and financial counsellors.
• Taking in and providing safe homes for children in our residential and foster care.
• Helping with emergency food and aid for families.
• Supporting homeless and disadvantaged people with daily food distribution through our emergency relief centres.
The challenges of this crisis will last far longer than the next few months, but we will be there for the long haul to help those in need, whenever they need it.
You can contact Anglicare Victoria on 1800 809 722.
For reliable and up-to-date information about the Coronavirus, check the website of the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services check the website of the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services.
Other resources include:
Coronavirus Self-assessment tool
Coronavirus & Children – Fact Sheet
Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
Parentline – 13 22 89
Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800
MensLine Australia – 1300 78 99 78
1800RESPECT – 1800 737 732
Safe Steps – 1800 015 188
Carers Australia – 1800 242 636
Coronavirus Hotline – 1800 675 398