Help keep them together by becoming their long-term foster carers.
- Wodonga & Surrounding Area (North East Victoria)
- Generous tax-free reimbursement of approximately $2,000 per fortnight
- Includes comprehensive training plus 24 hour case worker support
About the Boys
Mason*, Dylan* and Brayden* are three brothers aged between 7 and 15 years. They need a long-term foster family who can provide them with a safe and nurturing home on a full-time basis. Mason is the oldest. He enjoys sport and spending time with his friends. Dylan, the second oldest, is mature for his age and enjoys chess and reading. Brayden, the youngest, loves being outdoors and has a good sense of humour. Unfortunately, they have all experienced some tough times and can no longer live with their birth family.
How Can You Help?
The boys need an insightful, kind and patient foster family who will make them feel safe, secure and wanted. Due to the boys’ specific needs we are ideally seeking a couple who have no children or couples with adult children no longer living at home. People who can devote plenty of time and energy to the boys are needed.
What Kind of Difference Could You Make?
The boys’ experiences up till now have left them frustrated and confused about where they belong. As their foster carers you could help them feel part of a family by providing boundaries, encouragement and support.
What Supports Will You Receive?
Personalised around-the-clock support
- Extensive training and skills development
- Tax-free reimbursement: approx. $2,000 per fortnight plus a fully maintained car
We are Victoria’s largest provider of foster care. Our aim is to provide a safe, supportive home for children and young people up to 18 years, who are unable to live with their family. As full-time foster carers within our Foster Care Program, it’s our job to help you to care for the boys.
Key Selection Criteria
- Energy, enthusiasm and patience
- A can do attitude and a passion to make a difference
- Ability to provide an appropriate home for a young person
- An interest in supporting young people and their challenges
- Able to work well in a team, and as a family member
- Able to communicate well with others
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
It’s not essential, but if you’ve worked, cared for or supported children and youth in the past, please advise us. This will be highly regarded.
A background in health, education or community services will be an advantage but isn’t essential as we offer full training.
The boys’ need carers who devote plenty of energy and time. Therefore it’s preferable that you have no children living at home.
If you are interested in learning more and live within 1 to 1.5 hours of Albury/Wodonga please call or email Tori Smith on 03 9735 4188.