AV’s Family Violence Podcast Series
Pods of Wisdom is podcast series presented by Anglicare Victoria’s Lead Internal Trainer, Karen Piscopo. Karen chats with expert practitioners on a broad range of topics including family violence, harmful sexual behaviours, shame and Online Child Sexual Exploitation. Pods of Wisdom are for all practitioners who are working with vulnerable families, adults, child and young people.
Useful Links and Resources for Child Welfare Professionals
- "What are you afraid of?" Owning our fears as a step toward partnering with adult survivors
- What to do when: Domestic violence informed practice tips
- How to be an ally to a loved one experiencing domestic violence
- Safe and Together - ‘Choose to Change: Your Behaviour, Your Choice’ Card
- Safe and Together - ‘Choose to Change’ Network: A Guide for Men Booklet
- Unravelling the gender paradox at the centre of the Safe and Together model
Safe & Together Training at Anglicare Victoria
Safe & Together Family Violence training helps child welfare professionals become domestic violence-informed. AV has been providing Safe & Together training since 2018, and has since built a large team of accredited trainers across the state. This training is radically improving understanding, support and outcomes for survivors of domestic violence across the state.
Watch the video below to hear what some of our team have to say.