Parents Building Solutions is a program run by Anglicare Victoria’s ParentZone teams. It explores a holistic approach to parenting which encourages parents to focus on their values and beliefs, to set goals for their family, and to choose the strategies that work for them.
Training is available for professionals who work with parents including social workers, teachers, psychologists, case managers, children’s services workers, family services practitioners, volunteers and residential care staff.
What the training covers:
Engage parents effectively in conversations about their parenting role by using a strengths based, reflective approach
Draw on evidence-based materials from the Parents Building Solutions manual to respond to the expressed needs of parents
Articulate a comprehensive framework for parenting based on family values, relationships, and boundaries
Through individual, family or group-work, support parents to:
- Develop known and agreed rules with their family
- Implement appropriate discipline, including the use of known and agreed consequences
- Develop appropriate expectations for the age and developmental stage of the child
- Help children deal with a range of feelings, and deal with their own feelings as adults
- Build positive family relationships and communication
- Support resilience in children
“This whole training was fantastic and I have learned a lot. It’s something I will use with the families I work with.”
Parents Building Solutions Training Details:
The program is experiential – combining theory and practice wisdom to give participants fresh insights and practical tools they can use when working with families.
The program Parents Building Solutions, developed by ParentZone, is an evidence based program.
- WHEN: 6 week program running for 3.5 hours per week
- WHERE: Can be delivered at a venue within the ParentZone regions
- COST: $495. (Plus 10% GST) Includes PBS Manual-USB Hardcopy PBS Manual is also available for purchase at $115 (Plus 10% GST).
- REGISTER: Contact the team below for a registration form
A limited number of funded places are available free for volunteers, students, ACCOs & Anglicare Victoria staff. Please contact the ParentZone team below for information on the application process.
Following the training, ParentZone may be able to support your organisation to implement learnings from the training through co-facilitating parenting groups.
Parent Educator Network Meetings
Quarterly network meetings for all professionals working with and supporting families.
At each of these meetings you will have the opportunity to:
- Connect with other professionals supporting parents in the region
- Find out about programs supporting parents and carers in your area
- Discuss gaps in service and how we can work together to meet these needs for families
- Hear from guest speakers on numerous topics
- Funding opportunities in the region?
If you would like to be a guest speaker at one of these meetings we would welcome the opportunity to hear about your program. Please contact your relevant region to register for the PEN meeting or to discuss a guest speaker opportunity.
For further information, contact the team near you, or fill out the form below:
Contact the team
If you are interested in this parenting training or want to learn more, please contact the ParentZone team on (03) 9721 3646 or ParentZone.Eastern@anglicarevic.org.au or fill out the form below and someone will get back to you shortly.
Frankston | BEYOND THE VIOLENCE
BEYOND THE VIOLENCE FACILITATOR TRAINING - FRANKSTON Would you like to develop your skills when working with parents and children affected by family...
Pakenham | BEYOND THE VIOLENCE
BEYOND THE VIOLENCE FACILITATOR TRAINING - PAKENHAM Would you like to develop your skills when working with parents and children affected by family...
Anglicare Victoria provides free parenting groups, workshops, resources, and training for parents across Victoria. Our skilled and experienced facilitators tailor the sessions to meet the interests of each group. ParentZone programs cater to all ages and stages, from babies to young adults. Programs address the stages and challenges faced by parents including family violence, mental health, technology and school attendance.
To learn more, please reach out to Anglicare Victoria on 1800 809 722. See Parenting courses and programs here.